Thursday, July 17, 2008

Trouble in paradise.

The past few days the dining hall staff has been using only plastic plates and utensils, and the self-service salad bar and ice cream machines have gone away. As you may remember, my previous University years trained me as a news reporter, so I asked the tough questions and found out that one of the A HUNDRED AND SIXTY wiry little soccer players came down with what may be a food borne illness, so the dorm is not taking anymore chances. The dining hall staff is plating and serving the food until further notice.

I met a couple of new students at dinner, and I gained some street cred by filling them in on the summer's latest scare. I also learned that Lance, my astronomy-taking friend from Chicago, spent a night in the hospital around the 4th with (you guessed it) a possible food borne illness.

Suddenly I feel a little queasy myself, but I have big plans for my new best-selling book, The Dormitory Diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go get bread. PBJ time.