Unlike the salad caper, this shoot has been cleared with the University, so nobody will be confiscating cameras, calling security, or sticking their hands in front of the lenses.
Thankfully, the photo crew is joining me on a guitar day. (It's a bit more cinematic watching people playing music than staring at computer screens.)
I got my feelings hurt in web design class. I'd worked several hours Sunday on a flash fade-in thingie to jazz up my site. When I showed it to the instructor, he wondered if that was all it was going to do. This presents a dilemma. Should I do it over with more wowiness or feel contented knowing that I've achieved my goals, namely, develop a pretty good feel for the Adobe CS3 software and create a little website that people can easily navigate? It's a manifestation of the timeless internal struggle between slacker and over-achiever. I think I'm going to compromise and add just a little more wowiness.
It's actually not that I'm lazy. It's a perfectionist fear that if I screw around with it too much, the parts that now appear to be working in Safari, Firefox, and Netscape will come crashing down and I'll have to do the whole thing over before I can go home.
I'm hoping this anxiety won't show when the photographers are filming. It will be great fun to show them around my summertime world and reflect a bit on how things have panned out compared with the initial vision of the sabbatical.
My dorm pals are planning to join me for the dinnertime photo session, but with everyone scrambling to get ready for finals, that's a little iffy.
I'm off to get my pores tightened and eyes de-puffed. Ciao!
1 comment:
I for one am not sick of reading about your adventures. In fact, I look forward to it every day, and I'm not sure what I am going to do every morning when you quit this blog.
Hey Hallmark people: I don't want Molly to go back. Can you help me out?
Post a Comment