Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Crime time

Last night the crime copter was buzzing the neighborhood from about midnight till two. I feel very safe locked up in my room. Still, I get a little paranoid when it sounds like the rotors are close enough to trim my bangs.

I expect some police activity in the city late at night, but at 4 this afternoon I was walking to the store to get a bottle of wine to bring to a friend's house for dinner, and guess what? Another crime copter. Mrs. Kravitz has learned from a reliable source or liquor store cashier that a high-speed chase suspect had bailed out of his car and was running around the campus.

Here's what it's like to be me: My first thought was that the perpetrator would take me hostage and I would leave this world clutching a $6.99 bottle of wine wrapped in a brown paper bag while wearing Keds with granny anklets.

Obviously, this did not happen. I have lived to tell the tale. The $6.99 wine didn't kill me, either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't see and hear the helicopter AFTER drinking the $6.99 bottle of wine?? :-)

Liza Jane said...

Where's that police radio when you need it?