Thursday, July 17, 2008

Generation Ouch.

Tony, a fellow guitar student, posed this question after we finished learning the chords to "Blowin' in the Wind."

"So...were you guys actually around when Bob Dylan was alive?"

I told him that yes we were, and by the way, Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings.

Tony responded with a blank look and left the room, leaving our instructor to remark, "He's never heard of Wings."

5 comments:

Liza Jane said...

My guess is that Tony also thinks that Woodstock is only the little bird in the Peanuts comic strip.

Carrie Mac said...

But Bob Dylan is still alive.

You should show him this:

http://www.cinefilevideo.com/2007/01/24/bob-dylan-wrote-every-song-ever-made/

Jim Wigand said...

BARBJIM are new at this so please bear with us.

pjhobie said...

That made me laugh hard, Molly ... the first time all day, and I needed it. Iwas a rough week. I feel better already. The margarita is helping too :)

Anonymous said...

Well, now I'm going to have to go Google "Wings" so I fit in. . .