Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tour de Dorme



If you have just viewed the video, it means I have figured out one more thing (how to import a video clip into iMovie). As Mrs. Talb, my son's kindergarten teacher advised, I'm giving myself a pat on the back.

Now I'm off to dinner. The gravy in the lunchtime beef stroganoff looked suspiciously like the gravy in last night's Swedish meatballs. I'm curious what grayish brown entree awaits me tonight.

I miss everybody, but don't worry about the "no friends" thing. It just takes introverts awhile to get warmed up. I'm trying to decide if I'll find a more welcoming vibe from the football players or the Twin Cities diving club.

6 comments:

Debra said...

Just wanted to send you some happy housewarming thoughts. Every morning when I see your empty booth across from mine, I think of you with a smile. Those lucky Golden Gophers don't know what a great friend they've got waiting just down the hall.... :o)

Liza Jane said...

Hey Molly,
My co-worker who lived in Pioneer Hall (you can see it out your window) and I were just watching your video and feeling very envious. Here are our questions:
1. Does the dorm still have ice cream night? If yes, can you bring visitors?
2. Have you seen any protestors yet?
3. Does the MN Daily still have funny editorial cartoons?
4. Does the popcorn at the Big Ten still have way too much salt and taste really good?

Wishing we were hanging with you on the Mall.
L

Anonymous said...

MOLLY I MISS YOU!!!
We all do. I am LOVING reading your blog, hilarious and informative! Just like you are!!!
Seriously, though...I miss you a lot...keep on keepin on and we hope to make the trip up to see you before the summer's over!!
Love
Meems

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Wall looks naked. Something's wrong...

OH! OH! You seem to be missing a collage of hot-guy photos from GQ on your wall.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I keep looking at this video and trying to figure out what is wrong.

It's the desk. Your self-assigned digital diarist duties have you deluged with so much equipment there is literally no surface area left. No wonder you have a backache!

Does a single room not offer any other surface other than one small desk? Inquire at the front desk for another small table, or ask one of the jocks if they are not using their desk, or order something through Amazon.

My cube has more surface area to accumulate crap than your whole room! What do you crouch on the floor to write on the only available hard surface? It makes my neck twitch!!!

Save your back! Get a computer-crap table!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Molly - your blog is awesome and I finally took the dorm room 1 tour...agree with Trish...the wall over your bed is way too bare. Buy a poster at the campus store on me...so dorm room 2 will have something lovely for you to look at...you are an inspiration...best, teri ann