
This time, I need my clothes, my toiletries, a stack of notebooks and folders, and all of this:








Plus Aleve, Lipitor, Calcium, and Fish Oil.
I have to bring both Macs because the newer one doesn't work with my printer.
I'm not complaining about all the slick equipment I get to use. That portable Royal was slow, and the work was tedious. But there was something reassuring about opening up the little suitcase and having the machine work the same way every time.
Oh. Here's a phrase you never hear anymore: carbon paper. That's how we "saved" our papers in case the professor lost it in the mess on his/her desk.
I'm bringing almost no make-up and about half of my hair product. So if you startle easily, steer clear of the morning Boomer Cams.
5 comments:
I, too, had a portable Royal. Although less portable than that little blackie. It was a rather heft gray thing with the loveliest ergonomically-designed carriage return bar you ever did see.
God, I envy you being at school. I'm sure it's not how I romanticize it, but it sure sounds good to me.
We imported some weather from Seattle for today. It's gloomy, but your blog cheered me up.
WHY would you old mac work with your printer and the new laptop not? That makes the backwards of sense. A technological rip in the space/time continuum. Get on iChat and we can fix this I am sure. --Laura
P.S. Artists always had to schelp around with WAY too many art supplies; things have actually improved nowadays, since the paints are in the Mac.
Laura,
Various bulletin boards I visited confirmed hat this particular all-in-one printer/copier/scanner doesn't like the newfangled OS 10 vibe. But I will message you one of thse days and maybe we can beat the system.
Jim,
I'm not gone yet. Just trying to get packed and sufficiently freaked out before leaving town. As for romanticizing school, here's what my college friend Gail commented.
"Good luck living in a box."
P.P.S. I didn't see a picture of a scanner here, are you also bringing that? It seems you've been using one a lot to post. ---Laura
The scanner & printer are one and the same!
Post a Comment