I'm still working on converting my off-the-cuff "summer of blog" into a more coherent form.
It's taking some time to integrate themes like family, reunion, family reunions, walking, fear, courage, home, solitude, workaholism, feedback, snail mail, commitment, self-confidence, self-doubt, truth, denial, leading, following, learning, teaching, old friends, new friends, love, judgement, ego, humility, hanging on, letting go, work, play, sleep, stress, expectations, explorations, generations, perfection, cities, suburbs, music, art, aging, hellos, goodbyes, the past, the future, the moment...
So, effective immediately, there will be a "sabbatical within the sabbatical" as I hunker down to regroup, reflect, and rewrite.
When things are wrapped up, I'll be back.
xo
The Blogginator
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Molly,
Darrell here . . . .
We had fun seeing the 'dorm' at the U. That brought back many fond memories of me courting older sis, Sally, back in the 1960s. I saw much of the campus then as I hitchhiked back and forth on numerous weekends for GAC to the U. Thanks for showing us around and welcome back to Kansas.
On another topic, Sally and I went to an outdoor, old foggies-type concert in Corydon IN -- 20 miles west of The Knobs -- on Fri nite. The Ft. Knox Army band played under the gazebo on the old town square. It was like The Music Man. During the performance, the Director found us and our friends the Judds were eating lots of home-brought goodies. Sally and Jana promptly shared what we had with the soldiers. It was a good thing to do. So I asked this camo dressed director what rank he held. I supposed he would be a Tech Sgt or Master Sgt. Instead, he was a Chief Warrant Officer (CWO). I quickly mentioned that Sally's father had held that same rank. Warrant Officers were 'neither fish nor fowl' as your Dad liked to say. That meant the rank is between enlisted and commissioned officers but with many of the perks of officers. Thought you would like to know.
Darrell W.
I'm just sitting here wondering how your presentation is shaping up. If you need anybody to sit around and tell you how great it is and you are, I'm generally available and specifically obsequious.
Hi Molly,
I've enjoyed checking in on you.
Let me know when your blog is back.
Love,
Eva
Post a Comment