Starting June 16, I'll be on sabbatical from my full-time Hallmark job, attending summer school at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus (my alma mater).
There's a chance I may wind up looking like this:
You can watch the transformation right here. I'll be blogging the experience with daily posts, including "boomer cam" video essays. The last time I attended summer school I vowed never to do it again. Back then (1975) I was enrolled in a public affairs reporting class, chasing down cops, lawyers, and judges to get a fake story.
I know things are different nowadays. For example, "nowadays" is no longer a cool thing to say. Also, I have to track down some extra-long twin sheets. Why? Are people taller?
And some things haven't changed at all. Like the oil in the popcorn popper at the Big Ten Bar, a dive I love.
So please check back often and post a comment or two. My hope is that being on campus will promote generational understanding, provide some boomeresque perspective, and generate a few good laughs.
4 comments:
Hey there, Molly! I can't wait to read your posts and find out how it goes. I realize I must be a total nerd because one of my first thoughts while reading this was, "Oh, I wonder what classes she'll be taking..." Have fun!
Go Granny Co-Ed! You will rock! (Even if everyone else nearby doesn't hear your music.)
---Laura
molly-your writing style is so brilliant -- you are a blogger already! i'm so excited for you and am thrilled to be a part of your experience through your blog!
I'm excited for you Molly - Hope you get to relive all the best parts and rework any of the others.
Post a Comment